Hello friends. Today i wanted to share a simple yummy dessert that you can make in no time.
Who likes white chocolate?
!!!ME ME ME!!!
It's so good, if there are any of you who aren't too fond if it, don't fret! You can use milk chocolate too & may i just add that Ghirardelli is the best, on my palette anyway.
I added a cute little packaging idea to these sweat treats. I thought they looked so so cute.
You can get these adorable boxes over at Michael's. I actually did this last year for little Christmas presents but i made cookies instead.
It's a simple, pretty, yet inexpensive gift that you can bless people with. Especially when you have a huge family :)
The bar is super simple to make! There are no right or wrongs to make it. You can make as much as you want or as little as you want. I didn't use specific measurements for the chocolate or the candy canes.
Here is a list of things that you will need:
Crushed candy canes
- parchment paper
- cookie sheets
- glass bowl
- rubber spatula
1. Break up your chocolate in pieces and place in your glass bowl. I did mine on a double boiler because I don't have a microwave but if you have one you can use that as well. (Do 30 seconds at a time until your chocolate is melted, be careful of not burning it though.)
2. Bring your water to a gentle boil and mix the pieces of chocolate about every minute or so. You'll notice how it slowly begins to melt.
3. Continue to mix until it's completely melted.
4. Have your cookie sheet ready with the parchment paper layered on top. Pour your melted chocolate and smooth out with your spatula.
5. Grab a handful of your crushed candy canes and sprinkle them over your melted chocolate. You have to do this part quick so that the candy sticks to the chocolate before it starts getting hard again.
6. Put a lot of candy over the chocolate, cover it all up. It seems like a lot but once you shake off the excess, a lot of it comes off!
7. After about an hour the chocolate should be hard again. (If you want to speed the process up, just put in the fridge and it should be ready in about half an hour.) Start breaking it up with your hands and have fun with it. You can leave big chunks of it or break it up into smaller pieces.
After you've broken it all up. You can start eating it, yay!!!
I got little cellophane baggies, filled them up with the chocolate, put a little bit of cute tape on to seal them & put them inside the little boxes.
Once they were closed i added a cute little tag to the side of the box that said "White Chocolate Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark."
And this is how they turned out.
Have a great week & may God bless you exceeding abundantly above all that you can ask or think!!!
Linking back to: