Friday, March 23

DIY Picture Canvas

Hello lovely ladies. How are you guys doing?
Today I wanted to share an awesome canvas idea that you can make for your little ones or as a gift. My little girl is about to turn 1! Yep time goes by too fast right?!?! In getting everything ready for her party, I wanted to make a little something that I can place on the table where the cakes and cupcakes will be. The idea of a canvas with pictures of her popped into my mind and so I decided I would make one.
This project was so much fun and easy to make. There are no rights or wrongs. Just whip up some pictures, scissors, a blank canvas, some paint & brushes, glue gun & tape, your favorite embellishments and your set!
Here are a few pictures of how I made mine.
First I painted the canvas pink. I added some beige and a darker pink to add a little bit of contrast.
I didn't really bother painting where the picture was going to be since It wasn't going to show.
Next I decided to use a piece of ribbon that ran across the canvas. First I glued it to the back.
And then ran it across like this.
I decided to add some pink buttons to the center of the flowers. Just to give it a cute touch.
After that was done. I used mod podge on the big picture to glue it down. I added adhesive foam to the little one so that It would pop up a bit.
Next I used tulle that I had left over after making her tutu, to put on the bottom of a ribbon flower that I had made a while back.
Like this :) I love the way it looks.
Next I added some cute embellishments.
"I Adore You"
I used my Cricut to add her name on the canvas.
I also cut out a couple hearts. They were both different sizes and colors. I used adhesive foam once again so they can pop out.
And then I was done! I love the way it turned out:)
I hope you feel inspired to make your own!
Blessings...

Linking back to:

9 comments:

Brandi said...

This is such a sweet idea, Eva! Your little Alexandra is adorable! Happy birthday to her!

Lika Jalili said...

que lindo te quedo ¡¡¡ bueno y la modelo hermosaaaa

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

What a sweet way to show off your little doll!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

This is simply FABULOUS!!!!! You did such an amazing job!!!! Congrats on the upcoming birthday! time goes by so fast -- enjoy every moment! hugs...

Crystal Mendez said...

It came out so pretty I love to see birthday Canvas! God bless

Michelle@Crazy For Crafts said...

Very cute! The canvas & your daughter, I mean :) I would love to have a Cricut - so many possibilities for neat projects.

Michelle

Kimmie @ Sugar and Dots said...

GREAT photos! I'm new here... love the feel of your site so far! I'm off to check out some more posts. Thought I'd say hi rather than lurk around. :) Have a great week, sugar! xo

Jamie - Snow In December said...

That is beautiful! What a great idea.

Ioana-Carmen said...

Sweetie I`m watching your blog for a while! Maybe you wanna follow each other? just announce me :X

FashionSpot.ro

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...