Friday, March 23

DIY Picture Canvas

Hello lovely ladies. How are you guys doing?
Today I wanted to share an awesome canvas idea that you can make for your little ones or as a gift. My little girl is about to turn 1! Yep time goes by too fast right?!?! In getting everything ready for her party, I wanted to make a little something that I can place on the table where the cakes and cupcakes will be. The idea of a canvas with pictures of her popped into my mind and so I decided I would make one.
This project was so much fun and easy to make. There are no rights or wrongs. Just whip up some pictures, scissors, a blank canvas, some paint & brushes, glue gun & tape, your favorite embellishments and your set!
Here are a few pictures of how I made mine.
First I painted the canvas pink. I added some beige and a darker pink to add a little bit of contrast.
I didn't really bother painting where the picture was going to be since It wasn't going to show.
Next I decided to use a piece of ribbon that ran across the canvas. First I glued it to the back.
And then ran it across like this.
I decided to add some pink buttons to the center of the flowers. Just to give it a cute touch.
After that was done. I used mod podge on the big picture to glue it down. I added adhesive foam to the little one so that It would pop up a bit.
Next I used tulle that I had left over after making her tutu, to put on the bottom of a ribbon flower that I had made a while back.
Like this :) I love the way it looks.
Next I added some cute embellishments.
"I Adore You"
I used my Cricut to add her name on the canvas.
I also cut out a couple hearts. They were both different sizes and colors. I used adhesive foam once again so they can pop out.
And then I was done! I love the way it turned out:)
I hope you feel inspired to make your own!
Blessings...

Linking back to:

7 comments:

Brandi said...

This is such a sweet idea, Eva! Your little Alexandra is adorable! Happy birthday to her!

Lika Jalili said...

que lindo te quedo ¡¡¡ bueno y la modelo hermosaaaa

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

What a sweet way to show off your little doll!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

This is simply FABULOUS!!!!! You did such an amazing job!!!! Congrats on the upcoming birthday! time goes by so fast -- enjoy every moment! hugs...

Crystal Mendez said...

It came out so pretty I love to see birthday Canvas! God bless

Michelle@Crazy For Crafts said...

Very cute! The canvas & your daughter, I mean :) I would love to have a Cricut - so many possibilities for neat projects.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! What a great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...